A few singles from Pharoahe Monch’s upcoming release, Desire (“Push” and “Let’s Go”), have opened a few ears and brought attention back to the Queens MC that has, for the most part, been absent from the mainstream. His newest single, also entitled Desire, continues with this trend in a grand fashion. The Alchemist, a never failing force on the production tip, creates an almost gospel feel on this record combining a string section with a super smooth bass line, rounded out by a chorus of harmonizing choir singers. With this fresh new sound, coupled with his already distinguishable rhyming pattern, Pharoahe Monch has found a way to share with us his strong desire to make great music!
Written by Lochy N. on 02/9/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.