On the famous lead single off Organized Konfusion’s 1994 Stress LP, Pharoahe Monch and Prince Po rapped from the perspective of a Stray Bullet in order to show the brutal and anonymous impact of firearms on the inner-city streets. More than a decade later, in 2007, Monch revisited and expanded that concept with Desire cut When the Gun Draws. With gun violence once again at the forefront of the national consciousness, the Queens veteran returns to close out his chilling trilogy with DAMAGE, the latest single off his next full-length. This time around, the artist anthropomorphizes a slug fired in cold blood with the intent to kill, reserving a special shout-out for victims of police violence. As usual, the rhymesayer’s dark satire hits its target. PTSD has yet to receive a drop date, but fans can purchase this incisive jam now via iTunes.
Listen to More: Pharoahe Monch
Written by richard on 09/27/12
Pharoahe Monch, the peerless lyricist and flowsmith who rose to fame as one-half of veteran duo Organized Konfusion, has unleashed his fourth solo studio album, P.T.S.D.. The project tells the story of an independent artist...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Best/Worst of the Week: My Anaconda Don’t Want None, French Mondashian & More
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.