On the famous lead single off Organized Konfusion’s 1994 Stress LP, Pharoahe Monch and Prince Po rapped from the perspective of a Stray Bullet in order to show the brutal and anonymous impact of firearms on the inner-city streets. More than a decade later, in 2007, Monch revisited and expanded that concept with Desire cut When the Gun Draws. With gun violence once again at the forefront of the national consciousness, the Queens veteran returns to close out his chilling trilogy with DAMAGE, the latest single off his next full-length. This time around, the artist anthropomorphizes a slug fired in cold blood with the intent to kill, reserving a special shout-out for victims of police violence. As usual, the rhymesayer’s dark satire hits its target. PTSD has yet to receive a drop date, but fans can purchase this incisive jam now via iTunes.
Listen to More: Pharoahe Monch Written by richard
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Smoke Weed Everyday: A 30 Song 4/20 Playlist
- FL (of The Foodchain) - Young Amsterdam
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.