On the famous lead single off Organized Konfusion’s 1994 Stress LP, Pharoahe Monch and Prince Po rapped from the perspective of a Stray Bullet in order to show the brutal and anonymous impact of firearms on the inner-city streets. More than a decade later, in 2007, Monch revisited and expanded that concept with Desire cut When the Gun Draws. With gun violence once again at the forefront of the national consciousness, the Queens veteran returns to close out his chilling trilogy with DAMAGE, the latest single off his next full-length. This time around, the artist anthropomorphizes a slug fired in cold blood with the intent to kill, reserving a special shout-out for victims of police violence. As usual, the rhymesayer’s dark satire hits its target. PTSD has yet to receive a drop date, but fans can purchase this incisive jam now via iTunes.
Listen to More: Pharoahe Monch
Written by richard on 09/27/12
Pharoahe Monch, the peerless lyricist and flowsmith who rose to fame as one-half of veteran duo Organized Konfusion, has unleashed his fourth solo studio album, P.T.S.D.. The project tells the story of an independent artist...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- HD - BBQ Goldfish
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.