On the famous lead single off Organized Konfusion’s 1994 Stress LP, Pharoahe Monch and Prince Po rapped from the perspective of a Stray Bullet in order to show the brutal and anonymous impact of firearms on the inner-city streets. More than a decade later, in 2007, Monch revisited and expanded that concept with Desire cut When the Gun Draws. With gun violence once again at the forefront of the national consciousness, the Queens veteran returns to close out his chilling trilogy with DAMAGE, the latest single off his next full-length. This time around, the artist anthropomorphizes a slug fired in cold blood with the intent to kill, reserving a special shout-out for victims of police violence. As usual, the rhymesayer’s dark satire hits its target. PTSD has yet to receive a drop date, but fans can purchase this incisive jam now via iTunes.
Written by richard on 09/27/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.