Dedicated hip-hop heads already know that Pharaohe Monch is one Bad MF. If you’re still not familiar, let this new single be your induction into the Northeastern mainstay’s fanbase. Unlike the heady Haile Selassi Karate, which I had to introduce with several sentences of historical background when we featured it back in May 2013, this Lee Stone-produced jam sees Pharaohe taking a break from brainy allusions and intricate concepts to simply go H.A.M. on the mic. The result is a brash, brassy cut packed from front to back with polysyllabically-rhymed quotables. Feeling it? Then watch our pages for further singles leading up the yet-unscheduled release of PTSD, Pharaohe’s fifth solo album.
Written by richard on 01/29/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.