Dedicated hip-hop heads already know that Pharaohe Monch is one Bad MF. If you’re still not familiar, let this new single be your induction into the Northeastern mainstay’s fanbase. Unlike the heady Haile Selassi Karate, which I had to introduce with several sentences of historical background when we featured it back in May 2013, this Lee Stone-produced jam sees Pharaohe taking a break from brainy allusions and intricate concepts to simply go H.A.M. on the mic. The result is a brash, brassy cut packed from front to back with polysyllabically-rhymed quotables. Feeling it? Then watch our pages for further singles leading up the yet-unscheduled release of PTSD, Pharaohe’s fifth solo album.
Written by richard on 01/29/14
Pharoahe Monch, the peerless lyricist and flowsmith who rose to fame as one-half of veteran duo Organized Konfusion, has unleashed his fourth solo studio album, P.T.S.D.. The project tells the story of an independent artist...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.