Dedicated hip-hop heads already know that Pharaohe Monch is one Bad MF. If you’re still not familiar, let this new single be your induction into the Northeastern mainstay’s fanbase. Unlike the heady Haile Selassi Karate, which I had to introduce with several sentences of historical background when we featured it back in May 2013, this Lee Stone-produced jam sees Pharaohe taking a break from brainy allusions and intricate concepts to simply go H.A.M. on the mic. The result is a brash, brassy cut packed from front to back with polysyllabically-rhymed quotables. Feeling it? Then watch our pages for further singles leading up the yet-unscheduled release of PTSD, Pharaohe’s fifth solo album.
Written by richard on 01/29/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kendrick Lamar - i
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/19)
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.