Dedicated hip-hop heads already know that Pharaohe Monch is one Bad MF. If you’re still not familiar, let this new single be your induction into the Northeastern mainstay’s fanbase. Unlike the heady Haile Selassi Karate, which I had to introduce with several sentences of historical background when we featured it back in May 2013, this Lee Stone-produced jam sees Pharaohe taking a break from brainy allusions and intricate concepts to simply go H.A.M. on the mic. The result is a brash, brassy cut packed from front to back with polysyllabically-rhymed quotables. Feeling it? Then watch our pages for further singles leading up the yet-unscheduled release of PTSD, Pharaohe’s fifth solo album.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- King Mez - Long Live the King
- Freeway x Girl Talk - Broken Ankles EP
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: !llmind
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.