Dedicated hip-hop heads already know that Pharaohe Monch is one Bad MF. If you’re still not familiar, let this new single be your induction into the Northeastern mainstay’s fanbase. Unlike the heady Haile Selassi Karate, which I had to introduce with several sentences of historical background when we featured it back in May 2013, this Lee Stone-produced jam sees Pharaohe taking a break from brainy allusions and intricate concepts to simply go H.A.M. on the mic. The result is a brash, brassy cut packed from front to back with polysyllabically-rhymed quotables. Feeling it? Then watch our pages for further singles leading up the yet-unscheduled release of PTSD, Pharaohe’s fifth solo album.
Written by richard on 01/29/14
Pharoahe Monch, the peerless lyricist and flowsmith who rose to fame as one-half of veteran duo Organized Konfusion, has unleashed his fourth solo studio album, P.T.S.D.. The project tells the story of an independent artist...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.