Like many enterprising musical hopefuls, Pharaoh Mac & DMT‘s have traveled far and wide in pursuit of their dreams. Now, though, their hustle’s brought them back to their native Milwaukee, where they’ve got some serious Work 2 Do building their community. An anthem for their hometown’s new initiative of the same name, which seeks to raise the Cream City’s national profile through artistic initiatives, this cut sees Mac delivering positive-minded rhymes over his partner’s uplifting, soul-sampled production. Heavyweight director PhillyFlyBoy handles the cut’s cinematic accompaniment—the first video ever allowed to be shot in Milwaukee’s Miller Park. This joint isn’t attached to a forthcoming album, but we’ll keep you posted on the duo’s plans as further information emerges.
Written by richard on 06/9/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.