Like many enterprising musical hopefuls, Pharaoh Mac & DMT‘s have traveled far and wide in pursuit of their dreams. Now, though, their hustle’s brought them back to their native Milwaukee, where they’ve got some serious Work 2 Do building their community. An anthem for their hometown’s new initiative of the same name, which seeks to raise the Cream City’s national profile through artistic initiatives, this cut sees Mac delivering positive-minded rhymes over his partner’s uplifting, soul-sampled production. Heavyweight director PhillyFlyBoy handles the cut’s cinematic accompaniment—the first video ever allowed to be shot in Milwaukee’s Miller Park. This joint isn’t attached to a forthcoming album, but we’ll keep you posted on the duo’s plans as further information emerges.
Written by richard on 06/9/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.