Celebrating Nothing, the September debut feature from Phantogram, may not have been our usual fare, but Boothgoers respondedly positively to the Saratoga Springs duo’s lush pop soundscapes. Those who confidently filed them under “indie” after a listen to that record may be surprised to hear them incorporate extensive hip-hop elements into their latest release, Fall in Love. To back Sarah Barthel‘s ear-grabbing verses and chorus, the duo craft an intricate instrumental that features wailing vocal samples, string loops and grainy synth-bass, along with Josh Carter‘s trademark reverb-soaked guitar work. Phantogram’s sophomore full-length, VOICES, is set to hit stores February 12, via Republic Records. In the meantime, fans can keep it locked to The DJBooth for further singles and standout cuts.
Written by richard on 12/12/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Ludacris ft. Miguel - Good Lovin’
- Lupe Fiasco ft. PJ - Mazinger
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (October 2014)
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.