Celebrating Nothing, the September debut feature from Phantogram, may not have been our usual fare, but Boothgoers respondedly positively to the Saratoga Springs duo’s lush pop soundscapes. Those who confidently filed them under “indie” after a listen to that record may be surprised to hear them incorporate extensive hip-hop elements into their latest release, Fall in Love. To back Sarah Barthel‘s ear-grabbing verses and chorus, the duo craft an intricate instrumental that features wailing vocal samples, string loops and grainy synth-bass, along with Josh Carter‘s trademark reverb-soaked guitar work. Phantogram’s sophomore full-length, VOICES, is set to hit stores February 12, via Republic Records. In the meantime, fans can keep it locked to The DJBooth for further singles and standout cuts.
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Big Boi ft. A$AP Rocky. Phantogram & A-Ha - Lanes
- BAU Music ft. Action Bronson, A$ton Matthews & J.Rocc - With My Soul
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!