Last Sunday, Punxsatawney Phil came out of his burrow and saw his shadow, heralding six long weeks of winter to come. Yeah, I’m not too happy about it, either. On the bright side, with all the hours you’ll be spending inside, it’s the perfect opportunity to rewatch Bill Murray‘s classic 1993 comedy, Groundhog Day. To get you in the mood, Phantogram have stepped into the Booth with a fresh single dedicated to the legendary actor and comedian. The follow-up to December’s Fall in Love, this cut finds vocalist Sarah Barthel pondering whether to leave her man behind. Producer Joshua Carter dials down the intensity from previous features, backing his partner’s airy vocals with a wistful collage of synths, samples and live instrumentation. Phantogram’s sophomore album, VOICES, is set to hit stores Tuesday, February 18, via Republic Records. In the meantime, keep it locked to The DJBooth for further singles and standout cuts.
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.