Last Sunday, Punxsatawney Phil came out of his burrow and saw his shadow, heralding six long weeks of winter to come. Yeah, I’m not too happy about it, either. On the bright side, with all the hours you’ll be spending inside, it’s the perfect opportunity to rewatch Bill Murray‘s classic 1993 comedy, Groundhog Day. To get you in the mood, Phantogram have stepped into the Booth with a fresh single dedicated to the legendary actor and comedian. The follow-up to December’s Fall in Love, this cut finds vocalist Sarah Barthel pondering whether to leave her man behind. Producer Joshua Carter dials down the intensity from previous features, backing his partner’s airy vocals with a wistful collage of synths, samples and live instrumentation. Phantogram’s sophomore album, VOICES, is set to hit stores Tuesday, February 18, via Republic Records. In the meantime, keep it locked to The DJBooth for further singles and standout cuts.
Written by richard on 02/5/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Adrian Lau - The Departed
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- Drake - 6 God EP
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.