Damn, this new Peren Everett single is really Taking Me Back. OK, not really—this is my first encounter with the Chicago singer/songwriter/producer, and I’m not old enough to remember the classics that inspired his sound—but those looking to make some fond memories this summer could hardly find a better soundtrack than this freshly-released single. Over his own bubbly soulful-house grooves, the singer tells a story of heartbreak and redemption, in the process showcasing a knack for addictive melody and an appealingly retro vocal style. Like what you’re hearing? There will be plenty more where this came from on Everett’s King of Hearts LP, set to drop July 8, via indie label Makin’ Moves.
Written by richard on 06/28/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.