Where has Petey Pablo been hiding? It’s been quite a while since I’ve heard the North Carolina native. In fact, we’re heard more about the man than from him, with my favorite Petey mention coming in the form of one of the best Little Brother lines ever, “Ni**as heard Petey one time/ And everybody think we wave our shirts like helicopters.” Well, it seems like Petey is attempting to comeback (and coming correct) as an indie artist with the release of his new single, Go; but what really makes this song is the name of the producer attached to the track - Timbaland. The hypnotic production by Timbo helps make the emcee’s braggadocio rhymes sound a little better than usual. He even uses a tinge of auto-tune that sounds fairly good on the track- claiming it’s the “re-birth of auto-tune.” More like the re-birth of Petey Pablo. This single is sure to be included on Petey’s upcoming album, Anticipated Recordings, which has yet to be given a release date. Let’s just hope there’s more banging production on the project where this came from.
Written by Jon Garcia on 07/26/10
Submit your Rating
Carolina Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Stick Up Man" (2006)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.