Peter Jackson is a busy, busy man – though the bearded New Zealander who brought us the Lord of the Rings trilogy is currently hard at work on several forthcoming films, he’s found time to… oh, this isn’t the same guy? And I used the same joke last year, when the Oshawa rapper of the same name made his Booth debut? Sh*t, my bad. Anyway, new single Head Up finds producer Young K serving up a sweeping string-sampled beat as the up-and-comer encourages us to stay on our grind when the going gets tough. As on Paper Boy, Jackson delegates guest services to a Slaughterhouse member; this time around, he calls on Joell Ortiz, who laces the middle verse with plenty of hard-won wisdom: “Good things come to those who tryin’ their best / great things come to those who won’t settle for less.” Topped off with a smooth chorus by Brooklyn singer ShowTyme, this joint should be just the thing to pep up those in need of a little motivation. For more fresh tunes from Peter Jackson, grab a copy of his In My Life LP, available now in stores and online.
Written by richard on 08/24/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Paper Boy ft. Royce Da 5'9" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.