Peter Jackson is a busy, busy man – though the bearded New Zealander who brought us the Lord of the Rings trilogy is currently hard at work on several forthcoming films, he’s found time to… oh, this isn’t the same guy? And I used the same joke last year, when the Oshawa rapper of the same name made his Booth debut? Sh*t, my bad. Anyway, new single Head Up finds producer Young K serving up a sweeping string-sampled beat as the up-and-comer encourages us to stay on our grind when the going gets tough. As on Paper Boy, Jackson delegates guest services to a Slaughterhouse member; this time around, he calls on Joell Ortiz, who laces the middle verse with plenty of hard-won wisdom: “Good things come to those who tryin’ their best / great things come to those who won’t settle for less.” Topped off with a smooth chorus by Brooklyn singer ShowTyme, this joint should be just the thing to pep up those in need of a little motivation. For more fresh tunes from Peter Jackson, grab a copy of his In My Life LP, available now in stores and online.
Written by richard on 08/24/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Paper Boy ft. Royce Da 5'9" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.