Peter Jackson is a busy, busy man – though the bearded New Zealander who brought us the Lord of the Rings trilogy is currently hard at work on several forthcoming films, he’s found time to… oh, this isn’t the same guy? And I used the same joke last year, when the Oshawa rapper of the same name made his Booth debut? Sh*t, my bad. Anyway, new single Head Up finds producer Young K serving up a sweeping string-sampled beat as the up-and-comer encourages us to stay on our grind when the going gets tough. As on Paper Boy, Jackson delegates guest services to a Slaughterhouse member; this time around, he calls on Joell Ortiz, who laces the middle verse with plenty of hard-won wisdom: “Good things come to those who tryin’ their best / great things come to those who won’t settle for less.” Topped off with a smooth chorus by Brooklyn singer ShowTyme, this joint should be just the thing to pep up those in need of a little motivation. For more fresh tunes from Peter Jackson, grab a copy of his In My Life LP, available now in stores and online.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Paper Boy ft. Royce Da 5'9" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.