Peter Jackson is a busy, busy man – though the bearded New Zealander who brought us the Lord of the Rings trilogy is currently hard at work on several forthcoming films, he’s found time to… oh, this isn’t the same guy? And I used the same joke last year, when the Oshawa rapper of the same name made his Booth debut? Sh*t, my bad. Anyway, new single Head Up finds producer Young K serving up a sweeping string-sampled beat as the up-and-comer encourages us to stay on our grind when the going gets tough. As on Paper Boy, Jackson delegates guest services to a Slaughterhouse member; this time around, he calls on Joell Ortiz, who laces the middle verse with plenty of hard-won wisdom: “Good things come to those who tryin’ their best / great things come to those who won’t settle for less.” Topped off with a smooth chorus by Brooklyn singer ShowTyme, this joint should be just the thing to pep up those in need of a little motivation. For more fresh tunes from Peter Jackson, grab a copy of his In My Life LP, available now in stores and online.
Written by richard on 08/24/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Paper Boy ft. Royce Da 5'9" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Madison | LST ft. Kiah Victoria - The World
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- DJ Drama ft. Young Jeezy, Young Thug & Rich Homie Quan - Right Back
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.