Fresh off the release of Want U 4 Myself, a promo cut he coheadlined with Theophilus London, neo-soul up-and-comer Peter Hadar is back to showcase his left-of-center R&B style on a new solo single. On Party All Night, the Jersey native and Chi-town favorite Naledge head down to the club, hoping to entice a couple willing females back to their place—not all that unusual, right? While the singer’s soulfully subdued vocals and his Kidz in the Hall cohort’s sexually-charged bars are as impressive as you’d expect, it’s Mike Genato‘s beat that makes this track stand out. Featuring dissonant chords the likes of which are seldom heard in urban music (or any type of pop, for that matter), his synth-brass boardwork has a bad-trip ambiance that’ll keep listeners on their toes. Simply put, it feels like the soundtrack to a sexy nightmare—and, just to be clear, I mean that as a compliment. Unconventionally fresh and freaky (in both senses of the word), Party All Night can be found on Hadar’s Take Off Victoria LP, due out this fall.
Written by richard on 08/20/09
Submit your Rating
Cool Weirdo Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Want U 4 Myself" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.