If you’ve been slacking on your DJBooth readership lately, you might hit play on this brand new single and think, “Wow, these Midwest cats are talented!” Regular visitors to our pages, of course, know that Pete Sayke and his clique have Been Dope for a hot minute now. That’s why we decided to bring you the world premiere of single numero uno off the Chicago repper’s next project. Here, the headliner’s aggressive opening and closing 16s serve as bookends propping up equally deadly guest contributions from Chi-Town buzzmaker Add-2 and Kansas phenom Mike Schpitz. ThatKidMyself, Sayke’s collaborator throughout the project, provides a menacing, sampled backdrop for the emcees’ rhymes, and Windy City fave Slot-A blesses the hook with a few cuts on Mountain’s famous “Louder!” sample (from Long Red). Feeling it? Then stay tuned for further singles leading up to the 4/29 release of Pete and ThatKid’s DJBooth-hosted street album, Forever.
Written by richard on 04/2/14
Submit your Rating
Bettye Lee Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Prenup" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Young Thug ft. Lil Wayne - Take Kare
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Logic - Buried Alive
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.