If you’ve been slacking on your DJBooth readership lately, you might hit play on this brand new single and think, “Wow, these Midwest cats are talented!” Regular visitors to our pages, of course, know that Pete Sayke and his clique have Been Dope for a hot minute now. That’s why we decided to bring you the world premiere of single numero uno off the Chicago repper’s next project. Here, the headliner’s aggressive opening and closing 16s serve as bookends propping up equally deadly guest contributions from Chi-Town buzzmaker Add-2 and Kansas phenom Mike Schpitz. ThatKidMyself, Sayke’s collaborator throughout the project, provides a menacing, sampled backdrop for the emcees’ rhymes, and Windy City fave Slot-A blesses the hook with a few cuts on Mountain’s famous “Louder!” sample (from Long Red). Feeling it? Then stay tuned for further singles leading up to the 4/29 release of Pete and ThatKid’s DJBooth-hosted street album, Forever.
Written by richard on 04/2/14
Cincinnati-born emcee Pete Sayke and Chicago producer ThatKidMyself have joined forces with The Hip-Hop Project, BringingDownTheBand.com, Honor Roll Gang and The DJBooth to release their collaborative project, Forever....
Bettye Lee Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Prenup" (2012)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.