If you’ve been slacking on your DJBooth readership lately, you might hit play on this brand new single and think, “Wow, these Midwest cats are talented!” Regular visitors to our pages, of course, know that Pete Sayke and his clique have Been Dope for a hot minute now. That’s why we decided to bring you the world premiere of single numero uno off the Chicago repper’s next project. Here, the headliner’s aggressive opening and closing 16s serve as bookends propping up equally deadly guest contributions from Chi-Town buzzmaker Add-2 and Kansas phenom Mike Schpitz. ThatKidMyself, Sayke’s collaborator throughout the project, provides a menacing, sampled backdrop for the emcees’ rhymes, and Windy City fave Slot-A blesses the hook with a few cuts on Mountain’s famous “Louder!” sample (from Long Red). Feeling it? Then stay tuned for further singles leading up to the 4/29 release of Pete and ThatKid’s DJBooth-hosted street album, Forever.
Written by richard on 04/2/14
Submit your Rating
Bettye Lee Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Prenup" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.