Last heard deconstructing the American Dream on October 2011’s moody and experimental The Heartless Arts, Personal returns to our pages with a freshly-leaked cut that’s even more unique and uncompromising than its predecessor. On VIII, the Southern emcee/singer/beatsmith hooks up with producer Mel-V to craft a swirling synth backdrop for his ambient, studio-tweaked (and largely incomprehensible) vocals. If this innovative jam left you craving more, keep it locked for the latest on Personal’s Sydney in Theory project, coming later this year.
Written by richard on 01/16/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Six Piece Orchestra" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.