Last heard deconstructing the American Dream on October 2011’s moody and experimental The Heartless Arts, Personal returns to our pages with a freshly-leaked cut that’s even more unique and uncompromising than its predecessor. On VIII, the Southern emcee/singer/beatsmith hooks up with producer Mel-V to craft a swirling synth backdrop for his ambient, studio-tweaked (and largely incomprehensible) vocals. If this innovative jam left you craving more, keep it locked for the latest on Personal’s Sydney in Theory project, coming later this year.
Written by richard on 01/16/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Six Piece Orchestra" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.