Last heard deconstructing the American Dream on October 2011’s moody and experimental The Heartless Arts, Personal returns to our pages with a freshly-leaked cut that’s even more unique and uncompromising than its predecessor. On VIII, the Southern emcee/singer/beatsmith hooks up with producer Mel-V to craft a swirling synth backdrop for his ambient, studio-tweaked (and largely incomprehensible) vocals. If this innovative jam left you craving more, keep it locked for the latest on Personal’s Sydney in Theory project, coming later this year.
Written by richard on 01/16/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Six Piece Orchestra" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)