Last heard deconstructing the American Dream on October 2011’s moody and experimental The Heartless Arts, Personal returns to our pages with a freshly-leaked cut that’s even more unique and uncompromising than its predecessor. On VIII, the Southern emcee/singer/beatsmith hooks up with producer Mel-V to craft a swirling synth backdrop for his ambient, studio-tweaked (and largely incomprehensible) vocals. If this innovative jam left you craving more, keep it locked for the latest on Personal’s Sydney in Theory project, coming later this year.
Written by richard on 01/16/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Six Piece Orchestra" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.