Previously heard on April’s reader-acclaimed Six Piece Orchestra, up-and-coming singer/emcee Personalmakes his return to our pages with The Heartless Arts (The Great American Tragedy). As the title suggests, this cut is a dark dissection of the American Dream; over his and BodegaCreativeCo.‘s moody production, Personal delivers impressoinistic sung and flowed bars describing U.S. citixzens’ current feelings of hopelessness. Complete with backing vocals by Gaby Duran and Forrest, this sobering jam can be found on the headliner’s Sydney in Theory mixtape, out now online.
Written by richard on 10/28/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Six Piece Orchestra" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.