Previously heard on April’s reader-acclaimed Six Piece Orchestra, up-and-coming singer/emcee Personalmakes his return to our pages with The Heartless Arts (The Great American Tragedy). As the title suggests, this cut is a dark dissection of the American Dream; over his and BodegaCreativeCo.‘s moody production, Personal delivers impressoinistic sung and flowed bars describing U.S. citixzens’ current feelings of hopelessness. Complete with backing vocals by Gaby Duran and Forrest, this sobering jam can be found on the headliner’s Sydney in Theory mixtape, out now online.
Written by richard on 10/28/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Six Piece Orchestra" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.