Previously heard on April’s reader-acclaimed Six Piece Orchestra, up-and-coming singer/emcee Personalmakes his return to our pages with The Heartless Arts (The Great American Tragedy). As the title suggests, this cut is a dark dissection of the American Dream; over his and BodegaCreativeCo.‘s moody production, Personal delivers impressoinistic sung and flowed bars describing U.S. citixzens’ current feelings of hopelessness. Complete with backing vocals by Gaby Duran and Forrest, this sobering jam can be found on the headliner’s Sydney in Theory mixtape, out now online.
Written by richard on 10/28/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Six Piece Orchestra" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.