Previously heard on April’s reader-acclaimed Six Piece Orchestra, up-and-coming singer/emcee Personalmakes his return to our pages with The Heartless Arts (The Great American Tragedy). As the title suggests, this cut is a dark dissection of the American Dream; over his and BodegaCreativeCo.‘s moody production, Personal delivers impressoinistic sung and flowed bars describing U.S. citixzens’ current feelings of hopelessness. Complete with backing vocals by Gaby Duran and Forrest, this sobering jam can be found on the headliner’s Sydney in Theory mixtape, out now online.
Written by richard on 10/28/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Six Piece Orchestra" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.