Now that August is almost over, an end to the oppressive heat will surely follow. It is this climate change, with a touch of fall in the air, perfect 65-70 degrees temps and a slight breeze, that marks my favorite time of year. Superfly, a new single from Harlem’s own Perrion, is the hip-hop equivalent of the perfect time of year. Producer Scoop One sets the mood on this breezy, feel good cut, concocting a woodwind inspired beat that features a casual drum pattern that feels like the sun shining on your face. For his part, Perrion’s laid-back, smooth flow is like the breeze, floating and flexible yet still very rejuvenating, while his witty, chilled-out bars are all you need to feel refreshed and ready for the weekend. Superfly can be found on the artist’s fifth mixtape, From Perry With Love, due out September 17.
Written by Lucas G. on 08/23/13
Submit your Rating
Hasenpfeffer Ventures LLC
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.