Now that August is almost over, an end to the oppressive heat will surely follow. It is this climate change, with a touch of fall in the air, perfect 65-70 degrees temps and a slight breeze, that marks my favorite time of year. Superfly, a new single from Harlem’s own Perrion, is the hip-hop equivalent of the perfect time of year. Producer Scoop One sets the mood on this breezy, feel good cut, concocting a woodwind inspired beat that features a casual drum pattern that feels like the sun shining on your face. For his part, Perrion’s laid-back, smooth flow is like the breeze, floating and flexible yet still very rejuvenating, while his witty, chilled-out bars are all you need to feel refreshed and ready for the weekend. Superfly can be found on the artist’s fifth mixtape, From Perry With Love, due out September 17.
Written by Lucas G. on 08/23/13
Submit your Rating
Hasenpfeffer Ventures LLC
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)