Now that August is almost over, an end to the oppressive heat will surely follow. It is this climate change, with a touch of fall in the air, perfect 65-70 degrees temps and a slight breeze, that marks my favorite time of year. Superfly, a new single from Harlem’s own Perrion, is the hip-hop equivalent of the perfect time of year. Producer Scoop One sets the mood on this breezy, feel good cut, concocting a woodwind inspired beat that features a casual drum pattern that feels like the sun shining on your face. For his part, Perrion’s laid-back, smooth flow is like the breeze, floating and flexible yet still very rejuvenating, while his witty, chilled-out bars are all you need to feel refreshed and ready for the weekend. Superfly can be found on the artist’s fifth mixtape, From Perry With Love, due out September 17.
Written by Lucas G. on 08/23/13
Submit your Rating
Hasenpfeffer Ventures LLC
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.