Now that August is almost over, an end to the oppressive heat will surely follow. It is this climate change, with a touch of fall in the air, perfect 65-70 degrees temps and a slight breeze, that marks my favorite time of year. Superfly, a new single from Harlem’s own Perrion, is the hip-hop equivalent of the perfect time of year. Producer Scoop One sets the mood on this breezy, feel good cut, concocting a woodwind inspired beat that features a casual drum pattern that feels like the sun shining on your face. For his part, Perrion’s laid-back, smooth flow is like the breeze, floating and flexible yet still very rejuvenating, while his witty, chilled-out bars are all you need to feel refreshed and ready for the weekend. Superfly can be found on the artist’s fifth mixtape, From Perry With Love, due out September 17.
Written by Lucas G. on 08/23/13
Submit your Rating
Hasenpfeffer Ventures LLC
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.