When I saw the title of Perrion‘s latest Booth feature, I was half-expecting a soulful, R&B selection that would find the headliner hitting the the top octave of his vocal range. Though Perrion doesn’t exactly hit the High Notes, he more than makes up for it on the newest entrant in the Smoking Anthem Club. He does do some quirky singing, though, which only adds to the kushed out, laid-back vibe of the track. Producer Scoop One‘s light, dusty boardwork is the perfect compliment to Perrion’s raspy, blunted flow, which will surely go over well with the smokers who look for relaxing musical accompaniment. High Notes will be found on Perrion’s Booth-hosted project, From Perry With Love, due out next week.
Written by Lucas G. on 09/13/13
Submit your Rating
Hasenpfeffer Ventures LLC
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)