When I saw the title of Perrion‘s latest Booth feature, I was half-expecting a soulful, R&B selection that would find the headliner hitting the the top octave of his vocal range. Though Perrion doesn’t exactly hit the High Notes, he more than makes up for it on the newest entrant in the Smoking Anthem Club. He does do some quirky singing, though, which only adds to the kushed out, laid-back vibe of the track. Producer Scoop One‘s light, dusty boardwork is the perfect compliment to Perrion’s raspy, blunted flow, which will surely go over well with the smokers who look for relaxing musical accompaniment. High Notes will be found on Perrion’s Booth-hosted project, From Perry With Love, due out next week.
Written by Lucas G. on 09/13/13
Submit your Rating
Hasenpfeffer Ventures LLC
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.