When I saw the title of Perrion‘s latest Booth feature, I was half-expecting a soulful, R&B selection that would find the headliner hitting the the top octave of his vocal range. Though Perrion doesn’t exactly hit the High Notes, he more than makes up for it on the newest entrant in the Smoking Anthem Club. He does do some quirky singing, though, which only adds to the kushed out, laid-back vibe of the track. Producer Scoop One‘s light, dusty boardwork is the perfect compliment to Perrion’s raspy, blunted flow, which will surely go over well with the smokers who look for relaxing musical accompaniment. High Notes will be found on Perrion’s Booth-hosted project, From Perry With Love, due out next week.
Written by Lucas G. on 09/13/13
Hasenpfeffer Ventures LLC
First DJ Booth Appearance:
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.