Hip-hop has a long tradition of producer/emcee combos (ex. Gangstarr) and tracks that use women as a metaphor for a larger topic (ex. Common’s Used to Love H.E.R.), and impressively The Perfect Formula - making their DJBooth debut today – combine both with their new single I’m in Love. Comprised of Booth-approved lyricist Marion Write and producer DJ Finyl, here Perfect Formula has brought along newcomers Verbal E and Fame for some dope, reference-heavy rhymes over Finyl’s soulful beat that draw a direct line between their troubled relationships with women and their native Las Vegas: “Give me the cold shoulder but she’s still too hot / she even had the nerve to tell me that she killed Tupac.” I’ll give you a minute to figure out that line…yeah, there you go. Told you the metaphors were heavy. Do Marion Write and DJ Finyl have the perfect formula for DJBooth success? Are people finally tired of my terrible puns? We’ll find out shortly. Get to commenting people.
Listen to More: The Greater Good Written by Nathan S.
Flo Deep Music Group, LLC
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.