Previously featured both as a solo artist and as one-half of Portland crew Moxie Black, vocalist iLLA recently linked up with beatsmith G Force to form a new duo by the name of PennyLoafs. Today, the twosome introduce themselves to our pages with the first of several world premieres leading up to the release of their self-titled debut EP. On 19th, G’s low-key, atmospheric synth arragement sets the mood as iLLA reaches out to an old flame, assuring her that, though they’re no longer together, he wouldn’t dream of forgetting their anniversary. He supplements his smooth sung bars with some cryptic, flowed passages: “On the road like Odysseus, headed home / but when I return, no lights is on.” Interest piqued? Then keep your browsers locked for more exclusive jams leading up to December 10, when the crew’s self-titled EP will arrive on our front page for free streaming and download.
Update: Click the “Watch Video” button above or scroll down to view the Artistic Outlet Media-directed visuals.
Written by richard on 11/16/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Jeep Music" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.