Earlier this year, our own Lucas G. shined the spotlight on Pell‘s debut set in an article titled “Three Dope New Albums You Might Be Sleeping On.” That wake-up call was undoubtedly effective for many, but some still seem to be slumbering. In hopes of shaking the latter out of their torpor, the New Orleans representative’s unleashed Runaway, a fresh single with accompanying visuals directed by Matt Robertson. Here, Tomas Barford and Jeppe Kjellberg‘s wistful guitar riffs and midtempo percussion accompany Pell as he addresses an old friend whom he left behind in order to pursue his dreams in the music game. In addition to spitting eloquent bars, the artist delivers a soulful sung hook. For this poignant selection and much more, check out Pell’s Floating While Dreaming LP, available now for full, free streaming and download in the Booth.
Written by richard on 08/27/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Ocean View 2.0" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.