In ancient times, soothsayers told tales of a young emcee from the land of New Orleans, who would win favor in The DJBooth by spitting hot flames over a classic industry instrumental. It’s a pretty strange legend, given neither rap music nor The DJBooth (nor New Orleans, for that matter) were around back then, but the Prophecy seems to have come true thanks to budding Booth fave Pell. Making its world premiere right here on our front page, the latest entry in the unsigned rhymesayer’s #TFGTuesday series (following last week’s Never Let Go) finds him flexing his lyrical muscles over The Roots’ rendition of J. Dilla‘s This Is It instrumental. Though the mellow beat and Pell’s conversational approach on the mic make this cut an ideal soundtrack for late-summer daydreaming, heads who hone in on the emcee’s verses will find plenty of food for thought. Feeling it? In addition to watching our pages for further #TFGTuesday releases, you can click here to peep Pell’s fall tour schedule.
Written by richard on 09/3/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Ocean View 2.0" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.