In ancient times, soothsayers told tales of a young emcee from the land of New Orleans, who would win favor in The DJBooth by spitting hot flames over a classic industry instrumental. It’s a pretty strange legend, given neither rap music nor The DJBooth (nor New Orleans, for that matter) were around back then, but the Prophecy seems to have come true thanks to budding Booth fave Pell. Making its world premiere right here on our front page, the latest entry in the unsigned rhymesayer’s #TFGTuesday series (following last week’s Never Let Go) finds him flexing his lyrical muscles over The Roots’ rendition of J. Dilla‘s This Is It instrumental. Though the mellow beat and Pell’s conversational approach on the mic make this cut an ideal soundtrack for late-summer daydreaming, heads who hone in on the emcee’s verses will find plenty of food for thought. Feeling it? In addition to watching our pages for further #TFGTuesday releases, you can click here to peep Pell’s fall tour schedule.
Written by richard on 09/3/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Ocean View 2.0" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.