There aren’t too many summer activities better than chilling beachside and watching a beautiful sunset. With that in mind, consider Pell‘s debut DJBooth feature (an exclusive world premiere!) a sonic sunset; better yet, think of it as an Ocean View 2.0. Over an angelic, soothing beat by Staccs, Pell chills in his boat (not like you would think), spitting an array of youthful, sex-drugs-and-hip-hop-oriented bars. Like an elegant sunset, the New Orleans native displays a diverse array of stylistic colors, alternating between a hungry, hypnotic flow and tender, almost pained crooning. For more from this creative newcomer, check out his Feel Good Summer EP, out now via Audiomack.
Written by Lucas G. on 07/16/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Never Let Go" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- D’Angelo Changed My Life & “Black Messiah” is Already a Classic
- J. Cole is the Most Important Voice in Music
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.