There aren’t too many summer activities better than chilling beachside and watching a beautiful sunset. With that in mind, consider Pell‘s debut DJBooth feature (an exclusive world premiere!) a sonic sunset; better yet, think of it as an Ocean View 2.0. Over an angelic, soothing beat by Staccs, Pell chills in his boat (not like you would think), spitting an array of youthful, sex-drugs-and-hip-hop-oriented bars. Like an elegant sunset, the New Orleans native displays a diverse array of stylistic colors, alternating between a hungry, hypnotic flow and tender, almost pained crooning. For more from this creative newcomer, check out his Feel Good Summer EP, out now via Audiomack.
Written by Lucas G. on 07/16/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Never Let Go" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.