Although Pell‘s July Booth debut, Ocean View 2.0, definitely got my attention, his style was so unique and refreshing that I wasn’t exactly sure who he was as an emcee. The follow-up (a Booth-exclusive world premiere) is a little more traditional, but it is obvious Pell will Never Let Go of that left-of-center, innovative approach that makes him so unique. Pell’s breezy, charismatic flow, set off by a slight rasp in his voice, sails atop Flywalker’s feathery, sample-heavy beat. While he doesn’t use the sung-rapped flow showcased on Ocean 2.0, his heart and youthful energy remain. In addition to cooking up the smooth beat, Flywaker contributes a few blunted guest bars. There’s been no word on a larger project from Pell, but Never Let Go is the first entry is a four-week series titled #TFGTuesday.
Written by Lucas G. on 08/27/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Ocean View 2.0" (2013)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.