Although Pell‘s July Booth debut, Ocean View 2.0, definitely got my attention, his style was so unique and refreshing that I wasn’t exactly sure who he was as an emcee. The follow-up (a Booth-exclusive world premiere) is a little more traditional, but it is obvious Pell will Never Let Go of that left-of-center, innovative approach that makes him so unique. Pell’s breezy, charismatic flow, set off by a slight rasp in his voice, sails atop Flywalker’s feathery, sample-heavy beat. While he doesn’t use the sung-rapped flow showcased on Ocean 2.0, his heart and youthful energy remain. In addition to cooking up the smooth beat, Flywaker contributes a few blunted guest bars. There’s been no word on a larger project from Pell, but Never Let Go is the first entry is a four-week series titled #TFGTuesday.
Written by Lucas G. on 08/27/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Ocean View 2.0" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.