Although Pell‘s July Booth debut, Ocean View 2.0, definitely got my attention, his style was so unique and refreshing that I wasn’t exactly sure who he was as an emcee. The follow-up (a Booth-exclusive world premiere) is a little more traditional, but it is obvious Pell will Never Let Go of that left-of-center, innovative approach that makes him so unique. Pell’s breezy, charismatic flow, set off by a slight rasp in his voice, sails atop Flywalker’s feathery, sample-heavy beat. While he doesn’t use the sung-rapped flow showcased on Ocean 2.0, his heart and youthful energy remain. In addition to cooking up the smooth beat, Flywaker contributes a few blunted guest bars. There’s been no word on a larger project from Pell, but Never Let Go is the first entry is a four-week series titled #TFGTuesday.
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.