Although Pell‘s July Booth debut, Ocean View 2.0, definitely got my attention, his style was so unique and refreshing that I wasn’t exactly sure who he was as an emcee. The follow-up (a Booth-exclusive world premiere) is a little more traditional, but it is obvious Pell will Never Let Go of that left-of-center, innovative approach that makes him so unique. Pell’s breezy, charismatic flow, set off by a slight rasp in his voice, sails atop Flywalker’s feathery, sample-heavy beat. While he doesn’t use the sung-rapped flow showcased on Ocean 2.0, his heart and youthful energy remain. In addition to cooking up the smooth beat, Flywaker contributes a few blunted guest bars. There’s been no word on a larger project from Pell, but Never Let Go is the first entry is a four-week series titled #TFGTuesday.
Written by Lucas G. on 08/27/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Ocean View 2.0" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.