Having brought us four features thus far in the back half of 2013 (The last was September’s Inner Peace.), Pell has become a good friend of the Booth. Since we don’t know him personally, I guess you could say we’re Imaginary Friends. It just so happens that that is also the title of his new loosie (What a coincidence!). Though it was recorded over a year ago, this record displays the same unique style Pell’s fans have come to know and love. Atop Staccs‘s ambient, foggy beat, Pell interweaves an airy, casual flow with sung vocals, the latter of which have a slurred, almost pained vibe. Working with the production, Pell creates a unique, engaging listening experience that will further strengthen his imaginary friendship with The DJBooth and its readership.
Written by Lucas G. on 12/10/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Ocean View 2.0" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.