Having brought us four features thus far in the back half of 2013 (The last was September’s Inner Peace.), Pell has become a good friend of the Booth. Since we don’t know him personally, I guess you could say we’re Imaginary Friends. It just so happens that that is also the title of his new loosie (What a coincidence!). Though it was recorded over a year ago, this record displays the same unique style Pell’s fans have come to know and love. Atop Staccs‘s ambient, foggy beat, Pell interweaves an airy, casual flow with sung vocals, the latter of which have a slurred, almost pained vibe. Working with the production, Pell creates a unique, engaging listening experience that will further strengthen his imaginary friendship with The DJBooth and its readership.
Written by Lucas G. on 12/10/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Ocean View 2.0" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.