Having brought us four features thus far in the back half of 2013 (The last was September’s Inner Peace.), Pell has become a good friend of the Booth. Since we don’t know him personally, I guess you could say we’re Imaginary Friends. It just so happens that that is also the title of his new loosie (What a coincidence!). Though it was recorded over a year ago, this record displays the same unique style Pell’s fans have come to know and love. Atop Staccs‘s ambient, foggy beat, Pell interweaves an airy, casual flow with sung vocals, the latter of which have a slurred, almost pained vibe. Working with the production, Pell creates a unique, engaging listening experience that will further strengthen his imaginary friendship with The DJBooth and its readership.
Written by Lucas G. on 12/10/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Ocean View 2.0" (2013)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.