Having brought us four features thus far in the back half of 2013 (The last was September’s Inner Peace.), Pell has become a good friend of the Booth. Since we don’t know him personally, I guess you could say we’re Imaginary Friends. It just so happens that that is also the title of his new loosie (What a coincidence!). Though it was recorded over a year ago, this record displays the same unique style Pell’s fans have come to know and love. Atop Staccs‘s ambient, foggy beat, Pell interweaves an airy, casual flow with sung vocals, the latter of which have a slurred, almost pained vibe. Working with the production, Pell creates a unique, engaging listening experience that will further strengthen his imaginary friendship with The DJBooth and its readership.
Written by Lucas G. on 12/10/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Ocean View 2.0" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.