Having brought us four features thus far in the back half of 2013 (The last was September’s Inner Peace.), Pell has become a good friend of the Booth. Since we don’t know him personally, I guess you could say we’re Imaginary Friends. It just so happens that that is also the title of his new loosie (What a coincidence!). Though it was recorded over a year ago, this record displays the same unique style Pell’s fans have come to know and love. Atop Staccs‘s ambient, foggy beat, Pell interweaves an airy, casual flow with sung vocals, the latter of which have a slurred, almost pained vibe. Working with the production, Pell creates a unique, engaging listening experience that will further strengthen his imaginary friendship with The DJBooth and its readership.
Written by Lucas G. on 12/10/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Ocean View 2.0" (2013)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)