Nearly a decade after Hurricane Katrina ravaged New Orleans and uprooted Pell along with his family, the Mississippi-based rhymesayer still dreams of returning to the place he remembers from his childhood. On new single EST 2005, his first feature since December’s Imaginary Friends, Staccs‘s wistful keyboard loops accompany the emcee as he shares some rose-colored recollections of the town that made him who he is: “Used to be baseball round Lakeview, now we just steal home bases / Victory laps for the number one player, cake and ice cream on me, feeling major.” In addition to delivering poignant, flowed verses, the artist showcases his abilities as a crooner on the bridge and hook. Fred Germany directs the accompanying visuals. DJ Wally Sparks Calphonic tape, the project on which this song originally appeared, was released in late 2012. Rest assured, though, that when new material becomes available y’all will be the first to know.
Written by richard on 01/13/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Ocean View 2.0" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.