Nearly a decade after Hurricane Katrina ravaged New Orleans and uprooted Pell along with his family, the Mississippi-based rhymesayer still dreams of returning to the place he remembers from his childhood. On new single EST 2005, his first feature since December’s Imaginary Friends, Staccs‘s wistful keyboard loops accompany the emcee as he shares some rose-colored recollections of the town that made him who he is: “Used to be baseball round Lakeview, now we just steal home bases / Victory laps for the number one player, cake and ice cream on me, feeling major.” In addition to delivering poignant, flowed verses, the artist showcases his abilities as a crooner on the bridge and hook. Fred Germany directs the accompanying visuals. DJ Wally Sparks Calphonic tape, the project on which this song originally appeared, was released in late 2012. Rest assured, though, that when new material becomes available y’all will be the first to know.
Written by richard on 01/13/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Ocean View 2.0" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.