Urban legend has it that a wish made at precisely Eleven:11 in the morning or afternoon is guaranteed to come true. Whichever one of you was up last night, asking the powers that be for a brand new record from Pell, we have you to thank for this new single, the first off the NOLA native’s next independent full-length. Coming on the heels of poignant compilation album inclusion EST 2005, this cut finds Pell showcasing his double-time flows as he reflects on the past, present and future of his hustle. A spacey, yet resolute instrumental by Tomas Barfod and Jeppe Kjellberg accompanies his introspective bars. Like what you’re hearing? Then watch our pages for more fresh cuts leading up to the release of Pell’s Floating While Dreaming LP this spring. Pell will be joining Yonas on his upcoming North American tour, which is officially sponsored by The DJBooth. Click here for tour dates and further details!
Update: We have added the Fred Germany and Danna Takako-directed visuals for Pell’s Eleven:11 single.
Written by richard on 03/10/14
Last summer, we featured "Ocean View 2.0," a record from New Orleans emcee and singer Pell. Little did we know -- actually, we did -- that 10 months later, the independent buzzmaker would be releasing his full-length debut,...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Ocean View 2.0" (2013)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Best/Worst of the Week: My Anaconda Don’t Want None, French Mondashian & More
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.