When Peedi Crakk made his last solo appearance in The DJBooth, George W. Bush was still President and Tha Carter III was blowing up our CD players. Yes, people were still using CD players. Knowing that it’s going to take something extra-special to catch readers’ interest after four years away, the State Property member’s called up fellow Northeastern street mainstay Redman to join him on a fresh mixtape single bearing the attention-grabbing title, “This the Sh*t.” The song itself is equally striking; Jahlil Beats’ minimal, sample-fortified drum break sets the mood for a grimy lyrical free-for-all, and Peedi delivers, trading braggadocios, engagingly-flowed bars with the veteran Funk DoctaSpock. Time to weigh in: is This the Sh*t indeed the sh*t? Those leaning towards the affirmative can expect more dope material on Crakk’s CF5: The Cocaine Edition tape, scheduled for digital release November 23.
Written by richard on 10/31/12
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"She Got A Thing For Me ft. Megan Rochell" (2006)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.