When Peedi Crakk made his last solo appearance in The DJBooth, George W. Bush was still President and Tha Carter III was blowing up our CD players. Yes, people were still using CD players. Knowing that it’s going to take something extra-special to catch readers’ interest after four years away, the State Property member’s called up fellow Northeastern street mainstay Redman to join him on a fresh mixtape single bearing the attention-grabbing title, “This the Sh*t.” The song itself is equally striking; Jahlil Beats’ minimal, sample-fortified drum break sets the mood for a grimy lyrical free-for-all, and Peedi delivers, trading braggadocios, engagingly-flowed bars with the veteran Funk DoctaSpock. Time to weigh in: is This the Sh*t indeed the sh*t? Those leaning towards the affirmative can expect more dope material on Crakk’s CF5: The Cocaine Edition tape, scheduled for digital release November 23.
Written by richard on 10/31/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"She Got A Thing For Me" (2006)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.