When Peedi Crakk made his last solo appearance in The DJBooth, George W. Bush was still President and Tha Carter III was blowing up our CD players. Yes, people were still using CD players. Knowing that it’s going to take something extra-special to catch readers’ interest after four years away, the State Property member’s called up fellow Northeastern street mainstay Redman to join him on a fresh mixtape single bearing the attention-grabbing title, “This the Sh*t.” The song itself is equally striking; Jahlil Beats’ minimal, sample-fortified drum break sets the mood for a grimy lyrical free-for-all, and Peedi delivers, trading braggadocios, engagingly-flowed bars with the veteran Funk DoctaSpock. Time to weigh in: is This the Sh*t indeed the sh*t? Those leaning towards the affirmative can expect more dope material on Crakk’s CF5: The Cocaine Edition tape, scheduled for digital release November 23.
Written by richard on 10/31/12
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"She Got A Thing For Me ft. Megan Rochell" (2006)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)