When Peedi Crakk made his last solo appearance in The DJBooth, George W. Bush was still President and Tha Carter III was blowing up our CD players. Yes, people were still using CD players. Knowing that it’s going to take something extra-special to catch readers’ interest after four years away, the State Property member’s called up fellow Northeastern street mainstay Redman to join him on a fresh mixtape single bearing the attention-grabbing title, “This the Sh*t.” The song itself is equally striking; Jahlil Beats’ minimal, sample-fortified drum break sets the mood for a grimy lyrical free-for-all, and Peedi delivers, trading braggadocios, engagingly-flowed bars with the veteran Funk DoctaSpock. Time to weigh in: is This the Sh*t indeed the sh*t? Those leaning towards the affirmative can expect more dope material on Crakk’s CF5: The Cocaine Edition tape, scheduled for digital release November 23.
Written by richard on 10/31/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"She Got A Thing For Me" (2006)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.