When Peedi Crakk made his last solo appearance in The DJBooth, George W. Bush was still President and Tha Carter III was blowing up our CD players. Yes, people were still using CD players. Knowing that it’s going to take something extra-special to catch readers’ interest after four years away, the State Property member’s called up fellow Northeastern street mainstay Redman to join him on a fresh mixtape single bearing the attention-grabbing title, “This the Sh*t.” The song itself is equally striking; Jahlil Beats’ minimal, sample-fortified drum break sets the mood for a grimy lyrical free-for-all, and Peedi delivers, trading braggadocios, engagingly-flowed bars with the veteran Funk DoctaSpock. Time to weigh in: is This the Sh*t indeed the sh*t? Those leaning towards the affirmative can expect more dope material on Crakk’s CF5: The Cocaine Edition tape, scheduled for digital release November 23.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"She Got A Thing For Me ft. Megan Rochell" (2006)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- King Mez - Long Live the King
- Freeway x Girl Talk - Broken Ankles EP
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: !llmind
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.