After the disappointment of Rain At Home (one of the lowest-rated tracks since DJBooth implemented a rating system), the ladies of Peach Candy knew they had to find a way to redeem themselves. Luckily, since Kandi is an Xscape alumnus and Grammy-winning songwriter, her skills were put to work on the baby-mama-drama anthem, I Wish I Never. Rasheeda adds a humorous twist on her verse, but the highlight is undoubtedly the masculine POV by fellow ATLien Yung Joc. Even though radio producers will have their work cut out for them (thanks to long f-bombs on the hook), I Wish I Never has the Don Vito-inspired potential to make it to radio.
Written by Burmy on 12/4/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Rain At Home ft. Lil' Scrappy" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.