After the disappointment of Rain At Home (one of the lowest-rated tracks since DJBooth implemented a rating system), the ladies of Peach Candy knew they had to find a way to redeem themselves. Luckily, since Kandi is an Xscape alumnus and Grammy-winning songwriter, her skills were put to work on the baby-mama-drama anthem, I Wish I Never. Rasheeda adds a humorous twist on her verse, but the highlight is undoubtedly the masculine POV by fellow ATLien Yung Joc. Even though radio producers will have their work cut out for them (thanks to long f-bombs on the hook), I Wish I Never has the Don Vito-inspired potential to make it to radio.
Written by Burmy on 12/4/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Rain At Home ft. Lil' Scrappy" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.