An emigrant to Brooklyn from his native Haiti, Pay$0z caused quite a stir in the underground when he released his first mixtape, Cheating on New York, last year. Featuring a typical Brooklyn rhyme scheme over Dirty South production, the project showcased the emcee’s versatility, which is exactly what has helped set in motion his forthcoming debut album, Going Against the Grain. On one of the album’s featured tracks, Pay$0z raps about barely being able to walk a yard without seeing some Black Starz. Producer Freeze contributes a typical NYC beat, which will no doubt remind listeners of superproducer Just Blaze. So, does Pay$0z measure up to BK’s biggest names? To fully form your opinion, give Going Against The Grain a listen when it drops on December 21.
Written by Burmy on 11/17/08
Submit your Rating
Team Rsinal Inc.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Frame It" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)