An emigrant to Brooklyn from his native Haiti, Pay$0z caused quite a stir in the underground when he released his first mixtape, Cheating on New York, last year. Featuring a typical Brooklyn rhyme scheme over Dirty South production, the project showcased the emcee’s versatility, which is exactly what has helped set in motion his forthcoming debut album, Going Against the Grain. On one of the album’s featured tracks, Pay$0z raps about barely being able to walk a yard without seeing some Black Starz. Producer Freeze contributes a typical NYC beat, which will no doubt remind listeners of superproducer Just Blaze. So, does Pay$0z measure up to BK’s biggest names? To fully form your opinion, give Going Against The Grain a listen when it drops on December 21.
Written by Burmy on 11/17/08
Submit your Rating
Team Rsinal Inc.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Frame It" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.