An emigrant to Brooklyn from his native Haiti, Pay$0z caused quite a stir in the underground when he released his first mixtape, Cheating on New York, last year. Featuring a typical Brooklyn rhyme scheme over Dirty South production, the project showcased the emcee’s versatility, which is exactly what has helped set in motion his forthcoming debut album, Going Against the Grain. On one of the album’s featured tracks, Pay$0z raps about barely being able to walk a yard without seeing some Black Starz. Producer Freeze contributes a typical NYC beat, which will no doubt remind listeners of superproducer Just Blaze. So, does Pay$0z measure up to BK’s biggest names? To fully form your opinion, give Going Against The Grain a listen when it drops on December 21.
Written by Burmy on 11/17/08
Submit your Rating
Team Rsinal Inc.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Frame It" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.