Carving out a enduring niche as a nationally-renowned rapper takes a very particular set of traits—inborn talent, ambition, and a superhuman work ethic, along with a good deal of luck, are practically prerequisites for success on that scale. On It’s The Life, the first of four world premieres off Pay$0z DJBooth.net-presented Going Against the Grain LP, the Brooklyn up-and-comer expresses what most Booth regulars already know: he’s one of the select few who truly have what it takes to make it to the top of the game. Over Black Starz beatsmith Freeze‘s scorching, synth-heavy instrumental, Pay delivers all the deadpan wordplay that fans have come to expect—some of the best punchlines are tough to pin down in text, i.e. “She said she Watchmen/watch men so I blue/blew like Jon/jawn.” Pay packs more hot lines into two verses than most would spit in three, but this cut’s two-minute-18-second running time is bound to leave the rapper’s fans a little peckish. If that’s the case, keep it locked to our front page for three more leaks in the weeks leading up to GAtG‘s release later this summer.
Download “It’s The Life”
Right Click and Save As
Written by richard on 06/29/09
Submit your Rating
Team Rsinal Inc.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Black Starz" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.