Carving out a enduring niche as a nationally-renowned rapper takes a very particular set of traits—inborn talent, ambition, and a superhuman work ethic, along with a good deal of luck, are practically prerequisites for success on that scale. On It’s The Life, the first of four world premieres off Pay$0z DJBooth.net-presented Going Against the Grain LP, the Brooklyn up-and-comer expresses what most Booth regulars already know: he’s one of the select few who truly have what it takes to make it to the top of the game. Over Black Starz beatsmith Freeze‘s scorching, synth-heavy instrumental, Pay delivers all the deadpan wordplay that fans have come to expect—some of the best punchlines are tough to pin down in text, i.e. “She said she Watchmen/watch men so I blue/blew like Jon/jawn.” Pay packs more hot lines into two verses than most would spit in three, but this cut’s two-minute-18-second running time is bound to leave the rapper’s fans a little peckish. If that’s the case, keep it locked to our front page for three more leaks in the weeks leading up to GAtG‘s release later this summer.
Download “It’s The Life”
Right Click and Save As
Written by richard on 06/29/09
Submit your Rating
Team Rsinal Inc.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Black Starz" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.