Booth favorite Pay$0z is well aware that, whether you’re looking to reign supreme in the political arena, the streets, or the music game, many of the same principles apply—thus, the emcee’s based his own “brand new Theory of a hustler” on one of the oldest maxims in the book: “divide and conquer.” The Haiti-to-Brooklyn emigrant begins this unreleased cut (making its world premiere right here in the Booth) with a lyrical portrait of greatness, describing a born leader who keeps the streets on lock without ever losing his cool. In his final bars, he reveals that—surprise—he’s been talking about himself all along! Okay, I saw that one coming a mile away, but it’s a fresh take on your usual braggadocio, and deserves more than the sorta lame golf clap he gets at the verse’s end (maybe we’re supposed to add our own applause?) Jersey emcee Ransom takes over for the track’s latter half, spitting a gruff chronicle of his own hustle over Black Wall Street emcee/producer X.O.‘s laid-back, classic rock-sampling instrumental. If this cut leaves you wanting more, keep your browsers trained on our front page—Pay$0z’ DJBooth/Team Rsinal-cosponsored Against the Grain LP is coming soon!
Written by richard on 05/12/09
Team Rsinal Inc.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Black Starz" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Trizz - Reality Check
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.