Booth favorite Pay$0z is well aware that, whether you’re looking to reign supreme in the political arena, the streets, or the music game, many of the same principles apply—thus, the emcee’s based his own “brand new Theory of a hustler” on one of the oldest maxims in the book: “divide and conquer.” The Haiti-to-Brooklyn emigrant begins this unreleased cut (making its world premiere right here in the Booth) with a lyrical portrait of greatness, describing a born leader who keeps the streets on lock without ever losing his cool. In his final bars, he reveals that—surprise—he’s been talking about himself all along! Okay, I saw that one coming a mile away, but it’s a fresh take on your usual braggadocio, and deserves more than the sorta lame golf clap he gets at the verse’s end (maybe we’re supposed to add our own applause?) Jersey emcee Ransom takes over for the track’s latter half, spitting a gruff chronicle of his own hustle over Black Wall Street emcee/producer X.O.‘s laid-back, classic rock-sampling instrumental. If this cut leaves you wanting more, keep your browsers trained on our front page—Pay$0z’ DJBooth/Team Rsinal-cosponsored Against the Grain LP is coming soon!
Written by richard on 05/12/09
Submit your Rating
Team Rsinal Inc.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Black Starz" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.