Getting Jeff “Pay$0z” Chery and K. Sparks together on a DJBooth.net-exclusive record is such a surefire recipe for reader acclaim that it’s almost unfair. Of course, we don’t care that much about being fair—thus, we’re proud to present another world premiere from our favorite Brooklyn buzzmakers. For the Taken finds Pay and Sparks flowing over a militaristic, synth-brass instrumental by Shinosis (coproducer of the memorable reversed breakbeat that backed Turn My Lights On). The between-verse banter that takes the place of a traditional hook gives the cut a more casual feel than either of the emcees’ previous collabos, but both come with rhymes as hard-hitting as readers would expect—Pay packs his verses with the same brand of dry, allusive wit he brought to No Competition, and Sparks switches things up with some more aggressively-flowed bars on the back end. This high-powered cut won’t be appearing on Pay’s Going Against the Grain LP, but readers can look forward to one more world premiere in anticipation of the Booth-cosponsored project’s release!
Written by richard on 08/3/09
Submit your Rating
Team Rsinal Inc.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Black Starz" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.