It was bound to happen eventually: Jeff “Pay$0z” Chery has picked up that infamous studio plugin to create a full-on R&B tune. Making its world premiere here in the Booth, this track can be seen as a serendipitously dope accident; Auto-Tuned singing wasn’t something Pay had had even considered, until he found himself with a beat that practically screamed for R&B guest vocals and no one to provide them—Everywhere, the result of Pay’s studio-enhanced experimentation, ended up sounding so great it surprised the artist himself. Over Kevin Chambers, Jr.‘s‘s atmospheric boardwork, the artist describes three women: the first an enchanting shorty who turns heads wherever she goes, the second an outcast whose inner beauty goes unrecognized by others, and the third a combination of both the first and second. This high-concept track is a great example of the risk-taking that made Pay a Booth favorite, and fans can rest assured the emcee has more surprises in store on Going Against the Grain, coming soon. In the meantime, stay tuned for one final world premiere off the DJBooth.net-cosponsored LP!
Written by richard on 07/29/09
Submit your Rating
Team Rsinal Inc.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Black Starz" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.