As far as I’m concerned, the biggest Difference between Booth favorite Pay$0z and his peers is that where most are satisfied to develop a formula and stick to it, the Brooklyn up-and-comer seems unable to tread the same ground twice, dropping records with little in common save that they’re all pretty damned good. For example, you wouldn’t expect to hear the man who brought us hard-hitting street cut Theory flowing over a sample of Eiffel 65’s Blue (currently enjoying a resurgence in popularity thanks to Flo Rida‘s Sugar), but on this new promo single (making its online premiere right here in the Booth), that’s exactly what he does. Centered around that maddeningly catchy “Da ba dee, da ba bie“snippet, Goodwill’s synth-heavy instrumental is aimed squarely at club rotation, but that doesn’t stop Pay from giving it his all on the mic—the rapper’s energetic, always-engaging flow is the biggest contributor to this record’s success. Fans can hear more of of Pay$0z’ unpredictable yet invariably fresh musical stylings on his Booth-cosponsored Against the Grain LP, coming soon.
Written by richard on 05/20/09
Team Rsinal Inc.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Black Starz" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Best/Worst of the Week: My Anaconda Don’t Want None, French Mondashian & More
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.