As far as I’m concerned, the biggest Difference between Booth favorite Pay$0z and his peers is that where most are satisfied to develop a formula and stick to it, the Brooklyn up-and-comer seems unable to tread the same ground twice, dropping records with little in common save that they’re all pretty damned good. For example, you wouldn’t expect to hear the man who brought us hard-hitting street cut Theory flowing over a sample of Eiffel 65’s Blue (currently enjoying a resurgence in popularity thanks to Flo Rida‘s Sugar), but on this new promo single (making its online premiere right here in the Booth), that’s exactly what he does. Centered around that maddeningly catchy “Da ba dee, da ba bie“snippet, Goodwill’s synth-heavy instrumental is aimed squarely at club rotation, but that doesn’t stop Pay from giving it his all on the mic—the rapper’s energetic, always-engaging flow is the biggest contributor to this record’s success. Fans can hear more of of Pay$0z’ unpredictable yet invariably fresh musical stylings on his Booth-cosponsored Against the Grain LP, coming soon.
Written by richard on 05/20/09
Submit your Rating
Team Rsinal Inc.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Black Starz" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Jay Rock ft. Kendrick Lamar & Chantal - Pay For It
- Nicki Minaj ft. Drake, Lil Wayne & Chris Brown - Only
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.