One of the many R&B artists to emerge from the Capital Region of Baltimore-D.C., Paula Campbell has ruled the underground R&B scene for years (even selling 300,000 copies of her indie album, Who Got Next?). Now signed to Sony Urban/Columbia, the 27-year old songbird looks to introduce her voice to the world on her upcoming sophomore album. After the LP’s first single, Ain’t Nobody Stupid, came and went with little buzz, Paula concocted the new juice single, Dem Girlz Say. Knowing that women like to hate (and would love to take her place), Paula stands by her man to the very end (at least according to the song). Set to a tender music box-laced beat, Dem Girlz Say should be all over Urban-AC radio in the next few months. Having been delayed numerous times since 2006, I Am Paula Campbell is currently scheduled to hit stores early this year.
Written by Burmy on 01/8/08
Submit your Rating
Sony Urban/ Columbia
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.