Not seen on our pages since way back in September of 2011, when he linked up with NYC underground mainstay Homeboy Sandman to drop A Weird Day, UK-repping producer Paul White makes his long-awaited return to the Booth with a brand new promotional single. Motown phenom Danny Brown, White’s partner on debut solo feature One of Life’s Pleasures, once again handles mic duties, lacing the headliner’s foreboding boardwork with ominous lyrical snapshots of “a city with no Street Lights.” In addition to copping this record digitally when it drops April 16, via One Handed Records (April 15, for listeners across the pond), fans can look forward to more Paul White-Danny Brown collabos on the latter’s OLD LP, tentatively scheduled for release in August.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down to view Paul White’s Plastic Horse-animated Street Lights visual.
Written by richard on 04/19/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"One Of Life's Pleasures" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.