Not seen on our pages since way back in September of 2011, when he linked up with NYC underground mainstay Homeboy Sandman to drop A Weird Day, UK-repping producer Paul White makes his long-awaited return to the Booth with a brand new promotional single. Motown phenom Danny Brown, White’s partner on debut solo feature One of Life’s Pleasures, once again handles mic duties, lacing the headliner’s foreboding boardwork with ominous lyrical snapshots of “a city with no Street Lights.” In addition to copping this record digitally when it drops April 16, via One Handed Records (April 15, for listeners across the pond), fans can look forward to more Paul White-Danny Brown collabos on the latter’s OLD LP, tentatively scheduled for release in August.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down to view Paul White’s Plastic Horse-animated Street Lights visual.
Written by richard on 04/19/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"One Of Life's Pleasures" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.