Paul White‘s headlining features to date have seen the UK beatsmith linking up with Danny Brown, Homeboy Sandman, and Danny Brown again. If you studied patterns in first grade, you probably have an inkling of what’s coming next. His partner on 2011’s A Weird Day, Sandman once again handles mic duties on Find a Way, a fresh single off forthcoming EP Watch the Ants. White takes a challenging approach behind the boards, pairing a chugging 6/8 percussion rhythm with a 4/4 bassline. Unfazed by the unconventional backdrop, the Big Apple lyricist adopts an off-balance flow that threatens to stray from the beat, but always finds its way back into the pocket. For this left-of-center selection and much more, check out Paul White’s latest project on July 29, when it hits stores shelves and online retailers via One Handed Records.
Written by richard on 06/27/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"One Of Life's Pleasures" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)