Paul White‘s headlining features to date have seen the UK beatsmith linking up with Danny Brown, Homeboy Sandman, and Danny Brown again. If you studied patterns in first grade, you probably have an inkling of what’s coming next. His partner on 2011’s A Weird Day, Sandman once again handles mic duties on Find a Way, a fresh single off forthcoming EP Watch the Ants. White takes a challenging approach behind the boards, pairing a chugging 6/8 percussion rhythm with a 4/4 bassline. Unfazed by the unconventional backdrop, the Big Apple lyricist adopts an off-balance flow that threatens to stray from the beat, but always finds its way back into the pocket. For this left-of-center selection and much more, check out Paul White’s latest project on July 29, when it hits stores shelves and online retailers via One Handed Records.
Written by richard on 06/27/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"One Of Life's Pleasures" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.