Paul White‘s headlining features to date have seen the UK beatsmith linking up with Danny Brown, Homeboy Sandman, and Danny Brown again. If you studied patterns in first grade, you probably have an inkling of what’s coming next. His partner on 2011’s A Weird Day, Sandman once again handles mic duties on Find a Way, a fresh single off forthcoming EP Watch the Ants. White takes a challenging approach behind the boards, pairing a chugging 6/8 percussion rhythm with a 4/4 bassline. Unfazed by the unconventional backdrop, the Big Apple lyricist adopts an off-balance flow that threatens to stray from the beat, but always finds its way back into the pocket. For this left-of-center selection and much more, check out Paul White’s latest project on July 29, when it hits stores shelves and online retailers via One Handed Records.
Written by richard on 06/27/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"One Of Life's Pleasures" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.