Anybody who’s traveled long distances via plane knows how disorientating time changes can be, especially if the jet setter lands at a distant continent with a very different culture. This is the tale that Homeboy Sandman tells over UK producer Paul White’s production on A Weird Day. The Sandman focuses primarily on the difference in slang even though both parties are speaking “English.” (Case in point, if a London resident asks for a “f*g” he’s talking about a cigarette, not using the derogatory term.) Production wise, Weird Day hits your eardrum with a wide open rock-like kick drum and well mixed synth lines for atmosphere, filled out with trippy sound bytes complimenting the “bad trip” subject matter. Save for the listener potentially wanting more of the story this track is absolutely complete – exactly the thing to get audiences interested in Paul White’s upcoming album, Rapping With Paul White.
Written by JC Poppe on 09/12/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"One Of Life's Pleasures" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.