Anybody who’s traveled long distances via plane knows how disorientating time changes can be, especially if the jet setter lands at a distant continent with a very different culture. This is the tale that Homeboy Sandman tells over UK producer Paul White’s production on A Weird Day. The Sandman focuses primarily on the difference in slang even though both parties are speaking “English.” (Case in point, if a London resident asks for a “f*g” he’s talking about a cigarette, not using the derogatory term.) Production wise, Weird Day hits your eardrum with a wide open rock-like kick drum and well mixed synth lines for atmosphere, filled out with trippy sound bytes complimenting the “bad trip” subject matter. Save for the listener potentially wanting more of the story this track is absolutely complete – exactly the thing to get audiences interested in Paul White’s upcoming album, Rapping With Paul White.
Written by JC Poppe on 09/12/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"One Of Life's Pleasures" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.