Anybody who’s traveled long distances via plane knows how disorientating time changes can be, especially if the jet setter lands at a distant continent with a very different culture. This is the tale that Homeboy Sandman tells over UK producer Paul White’s production on A Weird Day. The Sandman focuses primarily on the difference in slang even though both parties are speaking “English.” (Case in point, if a London resident asks for a “f*g” he’s talking about a cigarette, not using the derogatory term.) Production wise, Weird Day hits your eardrum with a wide open rock-like kick drum and well mixed synth lines for atmosphere, filled out with trippy sound bytes complimenting the “bad trip” subject matter. Save for the listener potentially wanting more of the story this track is absolutely complete – exactly the thing to get audiences interested in Paul White’s upcoming album, Rapping With Paul White.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"One Of Life's Pleasures" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.