Anybody who’s traveled long distances via plane knows how disorientating time changes can be, especially if the jet setter lands at a distant continent with a very different culture. This is the tale that Homeboy Sandman tells over UK producer Paul White’s production on A Weird Day. The Sandman focuses primarily on the difference in slang even though both parties are speaking “English.” (Case in point, if a London resident asks for a “f*g” he’s talking about a cigarette, not using the derogatory term.) Production wise, Weird Day hits your eardrum with a wide open rock-like kick drum and well mixed synth lines for atmosphere, filled out with trippy sound bytes complimenting the “bad trip” subject matter. Save for the listener potentially wanting more of the story this track is absolutely complete – exactly the thing to get audiences interested in Paul White’s upcoming album, Rapping With Paul White.
Written by JC Poppe on 09/12/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"One Of Life's Pleasures" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)