The lead single off Janet Jackson’s ‘93 LP, Janet, That’s The Way Love Goes receives a hip-hop makeover on That’s the Way Luv Goes, the latest installment in Paul Wall‘s weekly online series. Backed by GL Productions’ sampling of the original record’s Jackson/Jimmy Jam/Terry Lewis co-produced instrumental backdrop, the H-Town mainstay chronicles the rise and (painful) fall of a past relationship. Has this trip down Memory Lane left you craving more? Stay tuned for everything Paul Wall in the weeks and months ahead, including future #PaulWallWednesdays releases.
Written by richard on 01/19/12
Submit your Rating
Paul Wall Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Break Em Off" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.