Similar to longtime friend and former Color-Changin’ Click partner-in-rhyme Chamillionaire, Paul Wall has opted to release his junior album on a new label. Set for sole distribution via Asylum, Wall’s Fast Life will end his association with former label home Atlantic, which released both The People’s Champ and Get Money, Stay True. Since Diamonds Exposed, Pop One of These and Girl On Fire have all struggled for mainstream attention, Swishahouse Records’ flagship artist had no choice but to place a call to two of his homies (and fellow Asylum labelmates) from Trill Entertainment. Webbie and Mouse (who also contributed the beat) assist on the catchy new single, Bizzy Body, which, given the track record of both guest artists (see Wipe Me Down and Independent), should provide Wall with his best shot at chart success this year. There is no release date for the project, but Wall will be touring all winter long in support of its pending release.
Written by Burmy on 11/10/08
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Break Em Off ft. Lil' KeKe" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.