Similar to longtime friend and former Color-Changin’ Click partner-in-rhyme Chamillionaire, Paul Wall has opted to release his junior album on a new label. Set for sole distribution via Asylum, Wall’s Fast Life will end his association with former label home Atlantic, which released both The People’s Champ and Get Money, Stay True. Since Diamonds Exposed, Pop One of These and Girl On Fire have all struggled for mainstream attention, Swishahouse Records’ flagship artist had no choice but to place a call to two of his homies (and fellow Asylum labelmates) from Trill Entertainment. Webbie and Mouse (who also contributed the beat) assist on the catchy new single, Bizzy Body, which, given the track record of both guest artists (see Wipe Me Down and Independent), should provide Wall with his best shot at chart success this year. There is no release date for the project, but Wall will be touring all winter long in support of its pending release.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Break Em Off ft. Lil' KeKe" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: !llmind
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.