Similar to longtime friend and former Color-Changin’ Click partner-in-rhyme Chamillionaire, Paul Wall has opted to release his junior album on a new label. Set for sole distribution via Asylum, Wall’s Fast Life will end his association with former label home Atlantic, which released both The People’s Champ and Get Money, Stay True. Since Diamonds Exposed, Pop One of These and Girl On Fire have all struggled for mainstream attention, Swishahouse Records’ flagship artist had no choice but to place a call to two of his homies (and fellow Asylum labelmates) from Trill Entertainment. Webbie and Mouse (who also contributed the beat) assist on the catchy new single, Bizzy Body, which, given the track record of both guest artists (see Wipe Me Down and Independent), should provide Wall with his best shot at chart success this year. There is no release date for the project, but Wall will be touring all winter long in support of its pending release.
Written by Burmy on 11/10/08
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Break Em Off ft. Lil' KeKe" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)