Following the underwhelming sales of Get Money, Stay True (350,000 copies as of October ‘07), Paul Wall decided to retreat to the studio to begin work on his third album, tentatively titled The Dirty South. The first leaked track from the project finds Wall rapping about his typical subject matter: switching lanes, popping trunks, pouring drank, and showing off an ice grill while driving a candy-painted slab… all on 26s. Where the People’s Champ falls short in subject matter, he makes up for in creative delivery (”candy paint like a Jolly Rancher/topless like a naked dancer”). Assisted by fellow Texas veterans Lil’ James and Bun B, 26’s might not be a big national hit, but it will be played plenty in the Lone Star State . Now that’s what it do, baby.
Written by Burmy on 12/3/07
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Break Em Off ft. Lil' KeKe" (2006)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)