Following the underwhelming sales of Get Money, Stay True (350,000 copies as of October ‘07), Paul Wall decided to retreat to the studio to begin work on his third album, tentatively titled The Dirty South. The first leaked track from the project finds Wall rapping about his typical subject matter: switching lanes, popping trunks, pouring drank, and showing off an ice grill while driving a candy-painted slab… all on 26s. Where the People’s Champ falls short in subject matter, he makes up for in creative delivery (”candy paint like a Jolly Rancher/topless like a naked dancer”). Assisted by fellow Texas veterans Lil’ James and Bun B, 26’s might not be a big national hit, but it will be played plenty in the Lone Star State . Now that’s what it do, baby.
Written by Burmy on 12/3/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Break Em Off ft. Lil' KeKe" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.