Following the underwhelming sales of Get Money, Stay True (350,000 copies as of October ‘07), Paul Wall decided to retreat to the studio to begin work on his third album, tentatively titled The Dirty South. The first leaked track from the project finds Wall rapping about his typical subject matter: switching lanes, popping trunks, pouring drank, and showing off an ice grill while driving a candy-painted slab… all on 26s. Where the People’s Champ falls short in subject matter, he makes up for in creative delivery (”candy paint like a Jolly Rancher/topless like a naked dancer”). Assisted by fellow Texas veterans Lil’ James and Bun B, 26’s might not be a big national hit, but it will be played plenty in the Lone Star State . Now that’s what it do, baby.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Break Em Off ft. Lil' KeKe" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.