Friends since childhood, rappers Paul Wall and Chamillionaire hustled for years in their native city of Houston, Texas, in an attempt to get a recording deal. After the two finally ‘got on’ with the successful underground label, Swishahouse Records, they split for a deal with another local indie, Paid In Full. After releasing several projects together, including the underground favorite Get Ya Mind Correct, the two MCs split and would each took separate paths to stardom. Now many years later, the “Grill Man” and Cham are cooler than ever and together recorded the buzz track, Diamonds Exposed, off Wall’s forthcoming studio album, The Fast Life. The game might change, but the players stay the same.
Written by DJ Z on 03/13/08
Submit your Rating
Paul Wall Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Break Em Off" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.