Friends since childhood, rappers Paul Wall and Chamillionaire hustled for years in their native city of Houston, Texas, in an attempt to get a recording deal. After the two finally ‘got on’ with the successful underground label, Swishahouse Records, they split for a deal with another local indie, Paid In Full. After releasing several projects together, including the underground favorite Get Ya Mind Correct, the two MCs split and would each took separate paths to stardom. Now many years later, the “Grill Man” and Cham are cooler than ever and together recorded the buzz track, Diamonds Exposed, off Wall’s forthcoming studio album, The Fast Life. The game might change, but the players stay the same.
Written by DJ Z on 03/13/08
Submit your Rating
Paul Wall Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Break Em Off" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Obsessively Breaking Down the Demo Version of Eminem’s “Lose Yourself”
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)