Friends since childhood, rappers Paul Wall and Chamillionaire hustled for years in their native city of Houston, Texas, in an attempt to get a recording deal. After the two finally ‘got on’ with the successful underground label, Swishahouse Records, they split for a deal with another local indie, Paid In Full. After releasing several projects together, including the underground favorite Get Ya Mind Correct, the two MCs split and would each took separate paths to stardom. Now many years later, the “Grill Man” and Cham are cooler than ever and together recorded the buzz track, Diamonds Exposed, off Wall’s forthcoming studio album, The Fast Life. The game might change, but the players stay the same.
Written by DJ Z on 03/13/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Break Em Off ft. Lil' KeKe" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Young Thug ft. Lil Wayne - Take Kare
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.