Paul Wall released his debut album, The Peoples Champ, in 2005, and saw platinum-plaque success as a result. Two years later, the Houston MC dropped his sophomore follow-up, Get Money, Stay True, but the effort failed to produce even a gold-plaque (And yes, we took into consideration the move toward digital). Thus, it is likely that when Wall raps about Get n Bank on his new joint with rapper Black Mike, he is talking about his successful business venture in custom mouth grills, and not music. In the song he spits the line, “… there’s more to life than money and cars / but I don’t have time to explain it in these 16 bars.” That’s fine, Paul. Maybe next time, okay?
Written by DJ Z on 01/30/08
Submit your Rating
Paul Wall Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Break Em Off" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)