Paul Wall released his debut album, The Peoples Champ, in 2005, and saw platinum-plaque success as a result. Two years later, the Houston MC dropped his sophomore follow-up, Get Money, Stay True, but the effort failed to produce even a gold-plaque (And yes, we took into consideration the move toward digital). Thus, it is likely that when Wall raps about Get n Bank on his new joint with rapper Black Mike, he is talking about his successful business venture in custom mouth grills, and not music. In the song he spits the line, “… there’s more to life than money and cars / but I don’t have time to explain it in these 16 bars.” That’s fine, Paul. Maybe next time, okay?
Listen to More: Paul Wall
Written by DJ Z on 01/30/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Break Em Off ft. Lil' KeKe" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.