Paul Wall released his debut album, The Peoples Champ, in 2005, and saw platinum-plaque success as a result. Two years later, the Houston MC dropped his sophomore follow-up, Get Money, Stay True, but the effort failed to produce even a gold-plaque (And yes, we took into consideration the move toward digital). Thus, it is likely that when Wall raps about Get n Bank on his new joint with rapper Black Mike, he is talking about his successful business venture in custom mouth grills, and not music. In the song he spits the line, “… there’s more to life than money and cars / but I don’t have time to explain it in these 16 bars.” That’s fine, Paul. Maybe next time, okay?
Listen to More: Paul Wall
Written by DJ Z on 01/30/08
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Break Em Off ft. Lil' KeKe" (2006)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.