Paul Wall released his debut album, The Peoples Champ, in 2005, and saw platinum-plaque success as a result. Two years later, the Houston MC dropped his sophomore follow-up, Get Money, Stay True, but the effort failed to produce even a gold-plaque (And yes, we took into consideration the move toward digital). Thus, it is likely that when Wall raps about Get n Bank on his new joint with rapper Black Mike, he is talking about his successful business venture in custom mouth grills, and not music. In the song he spits the line, “… there’s more to life than money and cars / but I don’t have time to explain it in these 16 bars.” That’s fine, Paul. Maybe next time, okay?
Written by DJ Z on 01/30/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Break Em Off ft. Lil' KeKe" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.